[Qgis-developer] Adding WMS from Metasearch: GetCapabilities does not work

Tom Kralidis tomkralidis at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 03:57:05 PDT 2016

Hi Paolo:

On Tue, 20 Sep 2016, Paolo Cavallini wrote:

> Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2016 09:14:05 +0200
> From: Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it>
> To: qgis-developer <qgis-developer at lists.osgeo.org>
> Subject: [Qgis-developer] Adding WMS from Metasearch: GetCapabilities does not
>      work
>
> Hi all,
> when adding a newly discovered WMS/WMTS layer from Metasearch, the
> GetCapabilities takes a long time and fails. The sme entry, once added,
> works fine. Anyone confirms?

I am unable to reproduce.  Thanks for filing a ticket.  Can you provide further
details in http://hub.qgis.org/issues/15592

> BTW, after some usage, I'm still convinced that giving the same default
> name to all connections added is not very practical: can we design a
> better solution?

MetaSearch's Settings tab allows for different options for connection
naming.  Perhaps we can add other options?

Let's discuss further ideas in http://hub.qgis.org/issues/15593

Thanks

..Tom