[Qgis-developer] QWT polar for qgis 3?

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Thu Sep 29 22:43:26 PDT 2016

On 30 September 2016 at 15:39, Neumann, Andreas <a.neumann at carto.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I vaguely remember that it is used to display the satellite constellation of
> GPS receivers. Potentially also used by some Python plugins.

Yeah - that's the only place it's used in QGIS itself.

> qwt and qwt-polars did cause quite a few troubles for me during compiling in
> the past.
>
> Given that qt5 has a charting component that also includes polar charts
> (http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qtcharts-index.html), I would appreciate to get rid
> of the qwtpolar dependency.

Only problem is that QtCharts are Qt >= 5.7 only.

Last time we discussed this the conclusion was that it'd be moderately
straightforward to reimplement the satellite widget as a custom widget
ourselves. But no-one's done this and I think we can remove it until
someone steps up to port it/fund a port.

Nyall