<meta content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1"
<body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000">
it seems to affect que pull request now:<br>
<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html;
<div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 13. 01. 14 10:35, Richard
<blockquote cite="mid:52D3B354.email@example.com" type="cite">
<pre wrap="">On 13-01-14 10:18, Matthias Kuhn wrote:
<pre wrap="">Some general advice (althogh I'm not sure how exactly that happened) is to
For creating a pull request
- always start a feature branch from current master
- if you are coding a feature branch, don't "merge" anything in
- before you create a pull request do "git fetch origin" and "git rebase
origin/master" (given origin is the remote for upstream and not your own
remote, check your .git/config or do "git remote -v | grep
- you may do a "git rebase" like in the last line repeatedly without
doing any damage (as long as the only purpose of your branch is to get
merged into master)
- Attention: After a rebase you need to "git push -f". CORE DEVS: IF YOU
DO THIS ON THE UPSTREAM REPOSITORY YOU WILL BRING CAKE FOR EVERYBODY TO
THE NEXT HF!
For merging a pull request
- click the merge button (Creates a non-fast-forward merge)
- Checkout the pull request (See
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="https://gist.github.com/piscisaureus/3342247">https://gist.github.com/piscisaureus/3342247</a>)
- Test (Also required for option A, obviously)
- checkout master, "git merge pr/1234"
- Optional: "git pull --rebase": Creates a fast-forward, no "merge
commit" is made. Cleaner history, but it is harder to revert the merge.
- "git push"
I hope that I got things right and that somebody finds this useful.
I think it is VERY usefull. But I also think we should create a
'git'-page in documentation which contains this info.
I think it would also be helpfull to show the (more general) git
commands for creating a local branch etc.
I'll try to create a page for that with the information above, and add
some stuff that I think is usefull.
Plz have a look into it when finished.
Qgis-developer mailing list
<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:Qgisfirstname.lastname@example.org">Qgisemail@example.com</a>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-developer">http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-developer</a>