[Qgis-psc] Re: [Qgis-release-team] Re: [Qgis-developer] QGIS 1.0 Branched - please read to prepare for 1.0.0 release!

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Tue Dec 16 06:39:17 PST 2008

Tim Sutton ha scritto:

> Yup. I wrote a long reply to Paolo on this a while back, and Frank W
> also had some good comments. Paolo perhaps you can pick up on that?

I'm doing it just now. I think we have a couple of things to decide
before proceeding:
- sponsorship levels; OSGeo levels are: 27/9/3k; I suggest adding a
bronze at 500; do we feel these are too high?
- how do we consider an organization (think of Kanton Solothurn and City
of Uster, our major contributors) when they do not provide money
directly, but hire a developer specifically for working on QGIS? Should
we establish an equivalence (e.g. one dev full time= platinum, one 50%
of time= gold, etc.), or just ignore it? I think there are strong points
with each approach.
In the meanwhile I'm preparing the page, looking forward for your comments.
All the best.
pc
--
Paolo Cavallini, see: * http://www.faunalia.it/pc *