[Qgis-psc] [Fwd: Re: [Qgis-user] list of donors]

Otto Dassau otto.dassau at gmx.de
Thu Dec 18 00:52:18 PST 2008

Hi,

On Thu, 18 Dec 2008 09:01:07 +0100
"Hugentobler  Marco" <marco.hugentobler at karto.baug.ethz.ch> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I agree with Tim in that only direct financial donations should be listed.
> Otherwise, the list would be endless. E.g. in my case, the technical
> university of Switzerland would also need to be mentioned.
>
> QGIS is not an all volunteer project anymore and also many power-users that
> spend time with testing, filling bugs, translation, adding documentation,
> doing education about QGIS, etc. are employed by companies or governemental
> agencies (and do these activities in their working time).

I agree with Marco. On the donors list, only financial donations should be
listed. I added a "financial" to the donors.html webpage to make that clear.

@Paolo: can you please check the donors again because the City of Uster is on
the new donors list. They should be removed, if they haven't payed.

Apart from that I also think, we should find a way to thank and honor all the
people and companies who spend their "human resources" or pay a developer as
well - but how :(. We could do it similar to GDAL again. On Frank's sponsoring
page, below the gold, silver, ... sponsors he also added a list of "Persons" and
"Corporate":

e.g.:

Persons:

- Tisham Dhar: preparing the initial msys (MS Windows) build environment ...
- William Kyngesburye: MAC OSX Installation ...

Corporate:

- City of Uster: Co-Sponsored the Print Composer and the Postgis-Loader
- Kanton Soluthurn: Co-Sponsored the Print Composer

would that be a solution?

 Otto