[Qgis-psc] Re: [Qgis-developer] QGIS 1.0 Branched - please read to prepare for 1.0.0 release!

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Sat Dec 20 09:39:57 PST 2008

Hi

On Sat, 2008-12-20 at 08:46 +0100, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> Tim Sutton ha scritto:
>
> > Ok based on the discussions this does sound like the best option in
> > terms of logistics of setting up the account. The second part of my
> > reservation was limiting risk if Paolo gets hit by a bus (why I was
>
> Oh, thanks :)

Sorry I was being hypothetical :-(

> > suggesting joint ownership of the account). Are their other members of
> > GFOSS.it that have signing power and that will be made aware of the
> > arrangements with QGIS monies?
>
> Sure: once we (QGIS-PSC) have eventually decided, I'll submit the
> request to GFOSS.it SC for formal approval, then it'll become a normal
> GFOSS.it activity. We have a treasurer, a secretary, and a vice chair,
> so no worries: http://gfoss.it/drupal/organi
> All the best.
> pc

Ok sounds good for me. Let me put my +1 down here to go ahead with using
GFOSS.it as a channel for QGIS funds pending us one day forming our own
non profit association if growth and potential hassle warrant it. Many
thanks to you and GFOSS.it for making this option available.

 * QGIS programming services
 * FOSS Consulting & Support Services
Skype: timlinux Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net