AW: [Qgis-psc] SVN Access for CFarmer's plugins

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Fri Nov 7 02:13:37 PST 2008

Hi

On Fri, 2008-11-07 at 10:05 +0100, Hugentobler Marco wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Related to the svn access discussion:
> Once version 1.0 will be out (or branched) we need to think if we want to include new python plugins into the standard distribution.
> I didn't use CFarmers plugins so far. If they all depend on R, then it is probably better to not have them shipped with the distribution.

Right it was never the suggestion from Carsten / my side to do that, for
the reasons I mentioned below. It would be nice to one day have a bunch
more debs that people could install. While you can get plugins like
Ftools via the plugin manager, the manager doesnt have any ability to
handle cascading deps, which is probably better handled by package
managers like apt.

> In the case of the geoprocessing plugin (only dependent on qgis core/gui) it is different. In my opinion, we should include it in svn as a default plugin. That will also include svn access for Horst to maintain the plugin. What do you think?

+1 from me (but for 1.1 since we are in feature freeze - unless the
needed arrangements are made with Otto & co on the community team).

> Regards,
> Marco

 * QGIS programming services
 * FOSS Consulting & Support Services