[Qgis-psc] Re: [Qgis-developer] Time for 1.0 API freeze

Marco Hugentobler marco.hugentobler at karto.baug.ethz.ch
Thu Nov 20 23:55:39 PST 2008

Hi all

What about the following compromise: Set a fixed release data, e.g. at the end
of december. If two weeks before that date, a label collision mechanism is
available (of course developed in a branch and it must be well tested 14 days
before release), include it. Else wait for 1.1.

My personal position is still the following: I think it is too close to
develop a labelling collision mechanism for 1.0. If however someone achieves
to do that until 14 days before release (and remember, it must already be well
tested at this time) I won't stay in the way.

What do you think?

Regards,
Marco

--