[Qgis-psc] Fw: request from geoinformatics magazine

Otto Dassau otto.dassau at gmx.de
Sun Feb 1 00:27:24 PST 2009

On Thu, 29 Jan 2009 16:19:27 +0100
Otto Dassau <otto.dassau at gmx.de> wrote:

> On Thu, 29 Jan 2009 16:17:42 +0100
> Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it> wrote:
>
> > Otto Dassau ha scritto:
> > > As contents, they wanted a product review of QGIS 1.0 and also its
> > > users/purpose in life/platforms used?" Paolo, I remember QGIS is quite
> > > heavily used in Italy and you give QGIS training courses from time to
> > > time.
> > > Could you
> > > write some text about your experiences, why and where do people
> > > (companies,
> > > institutes, etc. ) use QGIS? That would be great!
> >
> > Ok, I'll try to do it in the next few days.
>
> thanks to all of you and it would be great if we can finish missing text
> and proof-reading until Sunday, because I am more or less offline next week
> and need to prepair the article according to the editorial guidelines.

From the Editorial guidelines I saw that we also need:

- authors names, email addresses and _short background_. Can you add a short
  background, please to the article? From other articles in the internet I saw
  this usually include sth. like:

  "Hubert Hanson hubert.hanson at geoinformatics.com is researcher at xy university
  and release manager of the Quantum GIS project. His topic is the aquisition of
  data...."

- And the maximum number of illustrations is 6. We now have 5. Are they ok?
  Would you like to have something else, is another important figure missing?

 Otto