AW: [Qgis-psc] [Fwd: Re: [DebianGIS] QGIS package [was: Re: ncview]]

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Tue Jul 14 09:51:41 PDT 2009

Hugentobler Marco ha scritto:
> Hi all
>
> Should we do something?

I think so: not having a proper deb is a serious problem for qgis: there
are a few unofficial packages around, but in the absence of a mainstream
one it is difficult to check that many bugs are indeed caused by
improper packaging.

> Seems to me it basically needs a volunteer that maintains such a
> package and keeps it up-to-date (and probably a more friendly
> conversation style on the debian list to not scare potential
> volunteers).

See also:
https://trac.osgeo.org/qgis/ticket/1028
https://trac.osgeo.org/qgis/ticket/1586
I think Jurgen already did a lot, so probably just some communication
between him and Francesco Lovergine might be enough to clarify the
situation. Alternatively, if Jurgen does not have time (or does not feel
like), I guess we should find somebody else to deal with this.
Of course I'm willing to help keeping the pieces together.
All the best.