[Qgis-psc] GIS Tutorial with QGIS

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 04:31:07 PDT 2009

Hi Tim

On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 11:49 AM, Tim Sutton<tim at linfiniti.com> wrote:
> I would like to import all of these resources into the QGIS SVN (OOo
> documents and Latex sources), and move the videos onto the official QGIS
> web site, as well as pdf versions (see link below). Ultimately we would
> like to see the community team becoming involved with translations and
> extension of these worksheets. I am also actively seeking funding to do
> this further on a sponsored basis. The resource is available here:
>
> http://linfiniti.com/dla
>
> Please let me know your thoughts on my incorporating these materials
> into the QGIS svn repository (odt. latex docs) and moving the binary
> products (pdf and mov videos) onto the official QGIS website. One thing
> I would ask is to be allowed to place the sponsors logo prominently in
> the resources and on the appropriate web pages.

I had a brief look at it and it's a very impressive education
material! Great work! Putting it on qgis website and doing some
promotion seems a good way to go.
Btw. would it be possible to generate also html export and upload the
videos to youtube? It would be more "accessible" as it's simpler and
faster to see the worksheets and videos directly in browser rather
than having to download the files. On the other hand, pdf documents
and mov videos are better for offline usage. (Just my personal
thought.)

Bye
Martin