[Qgis-psc] Decision for manual license

Otto Dassau otto.dassau at gmx.de
Sun Apr 4 06:00:48 PDT 2010

Hi,

First a Happy Easter!

together with some guys from the french OSGeo chapter (mainly Jean Roc
Morreale and Bertrand Masson) we plan to migrate the latex sources to
pdflatex. This will make it easier for Windows users to contribute, we
don't need the postscript files anymore and hopefully HTML will
be possible, too.

Therefore I want to do following steps:

a) grant svn-doc access to Bertrand Masson (I can do that)

b) They want to make a printable translation from version 1.4 in french
language to sell it - and some money will go to the QGIS project as
well. I guess they will contact Paolo for this extra.

And now interesting: they need a license for the manual. I know we
discussed it already quite often and I now decided to release the
manual and the coding and compilation guide under GNU FDL 1.3. And I
would also like to add the license information to the already released
1.4 version as well. Do you agree and do you think this is possible?

Regards,
 Otto