[Qgis-psc] access for Alex Bruy

Maxim Dubinin sim at gis-lab.info
Thu Jul 22 18:44:08 PDT 2010

I understand your concern, but given number of patches Alex has
submitted it simply gets a little inefficient to wait for the review
of each one of them (Searching trac for 'alexbruy patch' results in 50
hits). I can simply imagine that only merging most of our plugins with
fTools will further increase these metrics considerably.

I also think that introducing 'assistant maintainer' status or alike would
help. However, I believe, that Alex's situation is somewhat unique
(I'd say unfortunately, yet), usually devs from outside stop at submitting
a couple of patches.

It  should  also  be  taken  into consideration, that it is not simply
'Alex being good developer' (which he undoubtedly is), there is strong
and  numerous  community behind Alex's back that helps him and at some
point wants quicker responses to submitted bugs, that he successfully
fixes.

Maxim