[Qgis-psc] Blog aggregator

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Tue Nov 30 21:41:13 PST 2010

Hi

Would we be able to theme it to look like the other QGIS web
properties? It will be a great addition. The translation guys asked me
to use joomla for the release announcements as it is easier to
translate them, so we probably wont have much active use of the
blog.qgis.org in its current form and it should be safe to mothball it
and go with the planet approach.

On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 10:23 AM, Otto Dassau <otto.dassau at gmx.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am Mon, 29 Nov 2010 09:11:09 +0100
> schrieb Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it>:
>
>> Il 29/11/2010 03:19, Gary Sherman ha scritto:
>>
>> > If this is what the PSC is thinking in terms of functionality, we can
>> > install it on the qgis vm. It is pretty lightweight---python that runs
>> > under a cron to collect and regenerate the page on a regular basis.
>> >
>> > See it at: http://spatialgalaxy.net/planet/
>>
>> To me it is what we need.
>
> yes, it looks good. Do we also/still need something where people can
> directly blog. Or do you think it is fine to just remove/archive our current
> blog and use "planet" instead?
>
> Regards,
>  Otto
>
>> Thanks Gary.