[Qgis-psc] Fwd: Re: Sponsorship Question

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Wed Dec 14 00:10:56 PST 2011

Paolo

On Wed, Dec 14, 2011 at 7:57 AM, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it> wrote:
> Il 13/12/2011 19:45, Markus Neteler ha scritto:
>

>>> Sheesh....well time to ask them some casual questions about their usage
>>> and interest in QGIS...I never thought I would see the day when we have to
>>> interview people before we let them give *us* money!
>>
>> (un)related:
>> ... it seems to be a new, upcoming problem. We have a similar sponsoring
>> request for GRASS from a completely unrelated European Web shop.
>> Strange times :)
>>
>> Markus
>
> It is also strange that in both cases they insisted in paying through
> PayPal, not a bank account.
> However, please note this situation is different from the previous one, as
> this one is not donating, but sponsoring. We prevented donation hijacking by
> not publishing their links, unsure what we want to do for sponsoring.
> All the best.

I think the same should apply. Probably we should add a note on the
sponsorship page saying 'we reserve the right to reject a sponsorship
if we feel that the sponsoring organisation is not consistent with the
ethos of our project'.

PS I havent forgotten your gfoss email - will get to it  when I get a moment.

> Paolo Cavallini
> See: http://www.faunalia.it/pc

 * QGIS programming services
 * FOSS Consulting Services