[Qgis-psc] QGIS forum

Maxim Dubinin sim at gis-lab.info
Tue Jul 12 13:57:41 PDT 2011

I'd  argue  that  rather  then  trying to educate people using one or
another  support  platform  we  should aim to provide all main options
among which forum is definitely one, very viable and used almost everywhere.

Remember,  we're talking about user tools here, not developer ones. We
don't want three different bug-trackers, but we do want people to use
the  tool  they  like  (or got used too for whatever reasons) to start
trying QGIS and asking around.

We    cannot    impose  overhead  of having stackexchange knowledge or
lack of anonymity on the mailing list on a user to
get  QGIS+support, while he probably spent months on different forums,
and he will grasp it immediately.

My  midnight  rant  was just to say lets show user all support options
and let user  decide,  which one he prefers. I'm afraid message like that
might leave user thinking that he is not welcome on the forum, I would
avoid that.

Maxim