[Qgis-psc] Re: Bounty feedback

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Wed Jul 20 04:01:13 PDT 2011

Hi

On Wed, Jul 20, 2011 at 12:05 PM, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it> wrote:
> Il 20/07/2011 11:05, Tim Sutton ha scritto:
>
>> Its really a case of working through the bug list now and editing
>> those that you want to be 'bounty' bugs using the following procedure
>> in my initial email to the list:
>
> OK, so I'll select 10 bugs. This will be a bit arbitrary, I'm afraid. Suggestions
> welcome. As soon as we have them, it will be good to send an announcement.
> This is the original text I prepared - please have a look and help me adapt it.
> All the best.

Excellent. I think if you look at the way I set it up we should not
need the additional overhead of a wiki entry.

I made a sample bug a bounty candidate so you can better get a feel
for the workflow.

http://hub.qgis.org/issues/3974

Regarding your mail draft below - I already wrote up the procedure in
my original mail to the list so if you don't mind lets keep to that as
it explains and uses the workflow in redmine. I added your incentive
line to the end:

== For bounty hunters ==

- Ask an administrator to put you into the 'Bounty Hunter' role (you
need to have an existing account on http://hub.qgis.org).
- Go to http://hub.qgis.org and use the bounty query on the right of
the QGIS Desktop project page issues list
(http://hub.qgis.org/projects/quantum-gis/issues?query_id=14) to see
open bounties.
- Bounties are listed by monetary value in descending order
- When you see a ticket you would like to work on, change its status
to 'claimed for bounty' and set your name in the 'assigned to' list.
- Do not claim more than one issue at a time.
- When you have fixed the issue (and provided a unit test if it is in
core or gui), mark the ticket as 'Fixed for bounty'
- Wait for a project manager to verify the ticket is resolved.
- Payment will be made to you and the ticket will be closed by marking
it 'Bounty Paid'

We know the amount is very small, but it is meant as an incentive, not
as a payment for your work, and we want first to clean up the queue of
 the easy stuff.

Happy bug squashing!

 * QGIS programming services
 * FOSS Consulting Services