[Qgis-psc] [Fwd: site sponsorship]

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Sun Mar 6 01:55:21 PST 2011

On Sun, Mar 6, 2011 at 9:06 AM, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it> wrote:
> Il giorno sab, 05/03/2011 alle 20.27 +0200, Tim Sutton ha scritto:
>> +1 for no thanks and avoiding links.
>
> Agreed.
>
>> I think there isnt any rule we can use to say whether we will accept a
>> donation or not - you will 'know' if it feels wrong...
>
> I removed the obviously inappropriate ones, and I'm about removing all
> the links. Before proceeding, I would like to make sure this is what we
> want. Among them, there are a number of genuine contributors to QGIS,
> and it seems impolite to me to drop them off.
>
> Comments/ideas?

Hi

Perhaps on the donors page you can just put a note saying that whether
we put a link or not is at our discretion and that we wont link though
to sites that are obviously employing unsound marketing practices such
as the sale of grey market medical products etc.

I agree it is nice to put links through to those who have legitimate
companies etc.

> All the best.
> --
> Paolo Cavallini: http://www.faunalia.it/pc