[Qgis-psc] Re: Qgis-psc Digest, Vol 45, Issue 1

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Tue Feb 7 04:09:24 PST 2012

HI

On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 10:07 AM, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it> wrote:
> Il 05/02/2012 22:33, Marco Bernasocchi ha scritto:
>
>> Hi all,
>> I just wanted to say that I think the program is a very good thing, at
>> least it was for me. so you should definetly apply to it again.
>>
>> luckly, not all code is unused :)
>

> Hi Marco.
> GSoC is certainly a Very Good Thing, I did not want to detract from it. I'm
> just concerned we wasted some occasions, and we could maximize its
> effectiveness.

Yes although there will be cases where we cannot accept code into core
(e.g. the student wasnt able to produce something worthwhile), it
would be nice to have the anticipation that all gsoc work is targetted
at improving and incorporating into the core QGIS otherwise the code
may be forgotten and never make it into production.

I would still love to see the processing framework formalised as part
of QGIS (with no saga etc deps out of the box but the ability to
include saga, grass etc as it is available on the system).

> Ideas?
> All the best.
>
> --
> Paolo Cavallini