[Qgis-psc] qgis down

Pirmin Kalberer pi_ml at sourcepole.com
Tue Nov 27 08:25:28 PST 2012

Hi Paolo

Am Dienstag, 27. November 2012, 17.03:12 schrieb Paolo Cavallini:
> Our websites are down once more. I think we should really fix this ASAp,
> as it is considerably damaging our image. I can start a campaign for
> this, if we have a solution, a budget, and somebody willing and capable
> to fix it.
> Opinions?

We had three failures within a month. There was no common root cause for the
down times. My opinion is to ask OSGeo/OSUOSL for more virtual machines and
decouple the different functionalities. This would improve the availablity and
help analyzing failures. My propsal would be having three VM's:
1. www.qgis.org + mysql
2. plugins.qgis.org + python apps
3. hub.qgis.org + nightly build

Regards
Pirmin

--
Pirmin Kalberer
Sourcepole  -  Linux & Open Source Solutions