[Qgis-psc] PSC meeting

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Thu Dec 5 23:58:44 PST 2013

Hi

Again my apologies that I cannot make it - I will be hiking in the
mountains (no internet).

I dont think there is a minimum number of people needed (though obviously
its nicer to have a full house).

>From my side I can mention that we are adding building a tool to propose
and vote on things within an open source project and we will deploy a copy
of QGIS.org (assuming everyone likes it) so that we can keep track of when
things need to be voted on, and what the outcome of those votes is.

On Fri, Dec 6, 2013 at 9:11 AM, Marco Hugentobler <
marco.hugentobler at sourcepole.ch> wrote:

> Hi
>
> 4 of 8 psc members can attend the meeting. Is there a certain minimum
> attendance required to make decisions?
>
> Regards,
> Marco
>

> On 04.12.2013 13:22, Richard Duivenvoorde wrote:

>>> Hi all,
>>> I'm travelling in this period, so I'm not sure whether I'll be able to
>>> attend the next PSC meeting, Dec 6th.
>>> I think we should decide and proceed on a few issues:
>>>
>>> * next QGIS HF
>>> * QGIS Trade Mark protection
>>> * joining Software Freedom Conservancy
>>> * rules for wiki cleanup/removal
>>> * donations handling (now too complex and cumbersome)
>>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> currently only Marco and me have added their names:
>>
>> http://hub.qgis.org/wiki/quantum-gis/PSC_Meeting_6_Dec_2013
>>
>> Which is fine with me, Marco maybe we can have a look at some pull
>> requests :-) ? But it would be nice if more people would be there.
>>
>> I think QGIS HF is pretty important to choose now, or at least the
>> location.
>> I think Paolo has the lead into this? Or at least has communicated with
>> Stephan Meissl about meeting with osgeo codesprint in vienna.
>> What is holding us for picking an option?
>>
>> @paolo: is budget the bottle neck? Or is it just chosing/voting?
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Richard

> Dr. Marco Hugentobler
> Sourcepole -  Linux & Open Source Solutions
> Weberstrasse 5, CH-8004 Zürich, Switzerland
> marco.hugentobler at sourcepole.ch http://www.sourcepole.ch
> Technical Advisor QGIS Project Steering Committee

Tim Sutton - QGIS Project Steering Committee Member
 * QGIS programming services
 * GeoDjango web development
 * FOSS Consulting Services
Skype: timlinux Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net