[Qgis-psc] Use of and trademarking of the name 'QGIS'

Maxim Dubinin sim at gis-lab.info
Fri Jul 5 04:14:39 PDT 2013

quick note

yes,  general  policy  is always  be  good.  We're  supporting our custom
installer  which  we  call  NextGIS QGIS (together with couple of other
products that make up our 'line').  We  don't  really feel strongly about keeping the name and
can somewhat easily rebrand to something else.

In  our  case though I don't think "keyword-hoarding" would apply as I
can  hardly  see  QGIS  project suddenly willing to add NextGIS to its
name) ;)

Maxim