[Qgis-psc] Proposal: Creation of 3 new PSC member positions

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Sat Jul 6 15:40:14 PDT 2013

Hi All

Further to our last PSC meeting (and prompted by Anita's email) I would
like to formally propose that we add 3 new seats to our PSC:

* **Design advisor**
   To oversee the design elements of QGIS including application icons,
dialogs,
   usabililty, and more broadly the project image and style guidelines for
public
   resources such as the web site, manual, context help and any other
elements of
   the project that relate to design. The design advisor will ensure that we
   present out software in the best possibly way, paying particular
attention to
   usability, visual style and consistency and presenting a well thought
out and
   cohesive project to the world at large.

* **Infrastructure Manager**
   To manage the infrastructural components of the QGIS project including
our
   web presence, and other online resources that we provide to the public
at large
   and use internally to manage the project.

* **Testing and QA manager**
   To oversee the development of a Quality Assurance framework
infrastructure
   within QGIS so that we may present the best possible version of QGIS to
the
   world at large. The remit includes development of a comprehensive unit
testing
   framework, curation of the issue tracker, improving API documentationm
API
   consistency and generally supporting and promoting the improvement of
quality
   within the project.

Following the last meeting, we resolved to deliberate whether these
positions were indeed suitable roles for incoming PSC members. Could you
please indicate your agreement / disagreement with these proposed
positions, and in the case of disagreement, please propose an alternative
strategy for growing the PSC.

For my vote:

* Design advisor +1
* Infrastructure Manager +1