[Qgis-psc] Next HF: two proposals

Richard Duivenvoorde richard at duif.net
Thu Oct 24 23:25:22 PDT 2013

On 24-10-13 18:39, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> Il 09/10/2013 17:29, Paolo Cavallini ha scritto:
>> Hi all.
>
>> We currently have two proposals for the next HF:
>
>> * http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Vienna_Code_Sprint_2014
>> * Girona, contiguous to the "8as Jornadas de SIG Libre" (Spanish
>> FOSS4G) http://www.sigte.udg.edu/jornadassiglibre/
>
>> Both are excellent locations IMHO. I think we should start discussing
>> about this, and take a decision in a reasonable time frame.
>> I can provide some more info if needed.

Hi Paolo,

looking at the participants and locations, I think Girona would be more
a community-fest, while meeting with the c-tribe in vienna would be more
a core-dev fest.

IF we are able to create a good wish/todo list, I think meeting with
c-tribe in Vienna could potentially be very efficient.

I tend to favour a shared event at Vienna.

But giving some care to our spanish community is also great :-)

Some things that come to my mind, of things that I think could benefit
from a c-tribe meeting:
- osgeo4w/windows packaging or packaging in general
- slow loading of big shp files over Windows network (or was this
already fixed)
- Oracle connection optimalisation/speed up
- synchronisation/update of tooling/knowledge
- ogr/gdal - QGIS dependent stuff
- (personal:) shared REST interface for mapserver/qgis-server
- catalogue/csw synchronisation
- ... plz add

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde