[Qgis-psc] half hour (all sites) service outage

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Tue Sep 24 23:40:58 PDT 2013

Hi PSC,

we asked OSGeo for a cpu/ram/hd upgrade, which takes about half een hour
of downtime for our current server.

OSGeo asked me if we want to change dns-settings for that period so we
can have some backup server running or so.

My personal opinion is: too much hassle for me currently (website would
be ok, but other services is just too much work).

Half an hour downtime is fine for me, als long as it is planned and
communicated to the community and devs. If we have a good backup of
current disk-image to fall back in case of real problems, we can always
just restart that image. (besides this, I'm busy enough with a lot of
other things already).

Somebody against this (AND willing to arrange this then)?

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde