[Qgis-psc] Fwd: Please help promote FOSS4G on the QGIS site

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Tue Apr 15 13:36:31 PDT 2014

Hi

On Tue, Apr 15, 2014 at 8:00 AM, Richard Duivenvoorde <richard at duif.net>wrote:

> On 04/14/2014 11:17 PM, Tim Sutton wrote:
>
> > Richard what about using a transparent background one rather so that i
> > merges in better on our site? e.g. smaller version
> > of
> https://github.com/pdxosgeo/foss4g2014-wordpress/blob/master/logo_images/PNGs/logo_horiz_trans_500x231.png
>
> Fine with me, Changed to this logo.

Thanks (the old one still shows for me but I guess it is cached).

> @Anita: my idea is to promote this 'section' on the frontpage for as an
> 'internal ad section'. That is, if we seek sponsoring for a certain
> event of feature, our marketing people should come up with a nice
> ad-image linking to a page or blog where we tell people why we need the
> help or money for.

It may be good for us to revisit the front page at some point - its
actually not very intuitive that you have to scroll down to see more info
and I wonder how many people actually do it. Richard / Anita what do you
think?

> Regards,
>
> Richard

 * QGIS programming services