[Qgis-psc] Planning call for release name suggestions

Tim Sutton tim at kartoza.com
Thu Dec 4 05:28:30 PST 2014

Hi

On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 9:39 AM, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it>
wrote:

> Thanks Anita for leading on this.
>
> Il 16/11/2014 22:20, Anita Graser ha scritto:
>
> > - should be the name of a place
> > - must not be the name of a software product
>
> this may be difficult to verify, as the old Tethys case shows
>
> > - each suggestion must come with a suitable map image for splash design
> > - hackfest venues have priority
>
> I'd be in favour of deciding the names for all next releases, using the
> past HF
> locations, and attache them to the published roadmap.
> LTS should be preferably given the name of places where we had >1 HF
> (Vienna, Essen).

​By the way in my QEP I refer to it as LTR (Long term release) in order to
not create the impression that we are directly providing support for it.
The community of commercial providers can do that, I just want us to
provide a platform that is supportable, not the support per se. Hope that
makes sense?

Regards

Tim​

> All the best.