[Qgis-psc] PSC Meeting feedback

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Sat Feb 8 16:51:21 PST 2014

Hi All

Apologies for missing the meeting - I really did try to patch in but my
travel didnt allow it. I have some comments on reading the minutes:

* Crediting contributors: We already have a mechanism for doing this - the
CONTRIBUTORS file in the source tree. We could maintain. It does not credit
for specific features (though I guess it could). For me putting a note in
the commit message is fine (though I dont know who except geeks may ever
see that.

* Valmeera for release name - +1 from me

* For QUGS (Love that) I suggest we have official ones that can use a
subdomain of our web site (ukqug.qgis.org, naqug.qgis.org
nlqug.qgis.orgetc.). They would need to agree to run their clug in the
same way the SWISS
clug does (or similar) to be an official QUG).

 * QGIS programming services
 * GeoDjango web development
 * QGIS Training
 * FOSS Consulting Services