[Qgis-psc] QGIS 2.2 release name and splash screen

Pēteris Brūns pb at sungis.lv
Mon Feb 10 01:04:38 PST 2014

Dear Anita,

here are some of the maps in before georeferencing
http://www.gisnet.lv/~peteris/maps.tar.gz

I asked to people and about the name "Valmeera" and understood that
nowadays for Latvians it sounds a bit strange. Anyway this name has
other advantages over "Valmiera".

Best regards,

On 2014.02.09. 15:46, Anita Graser wrote:
> Dear Maris and Pēteris!
>
> The PSC would like to name the next release Valmeera.
> Please send me any material (especially old maps) that you think might
> be suitable for designing the splash screen and related works.
>
> Best wishes,
> Anita
>

> Am 05.02.2014, 22:27 Uhr, schrieb Anita Graser <anitagraser at gmx.at>:
>
>> Thanks for your feedback Maris and Pēteris!
>>
>> Valmeera or Livonia (I also like Livland
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Livonia) sound like good candidates to
>> me. Are there any cartographers, geographers, explorers, or similar,
>> which we could consider as well?
>>
>> It would be great if you could still find the original map images for
>> use in the splash screen.
>>
>> Best wishes,
>> Anita
>>

>> Am 05.02.2014, 09:37 Uhr, schrieb Pēteris Brūns
>> <peteris.bruns at gmail.com>:
>>
>>> Hi Anita and Maris,
>>>
>>> In case of Valmiera during time has been used several variations of the
>>> city name, they are:
>>> 1) Wolmar
>>> 2) Walmeera or Valmeera

--