[Qgis-psc] QGIS 2.2 release name and splash screen

Anita Graser anitagraser at gmx.at
Thu Feb 13 11:37:01 PST 2014

Hi,

Am 10.02.2014, 12:25 Uhr, schrieb Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it>:
> Il 10/02/2014 12:14, Pēteris Brūns ha scritto:
>> Option B, choose another name, for example "Gauja". Well known river in
>> Latvia, Raymond and Paolo spend some days in Gauja National Park, name
>> also is in some relation with Valmiera.
>
> +1 for me!

Based on the available graphics material, I've created two splash screen
drafts. One with "Valmiera" (not Valmeera since the only map with this
label is not very attractive) and one with "Gauja" as suggested by Pēteris
and Paolo.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/42637169/qgis22_gauja1.png

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/42637169/qgis22_valmiera1.png

The overall style of the splash screen is very close to the 2.0 version. I
think that's a good idea since it shows in a graphical way that this new
version builds on the previous and does not break with the general look
and feel.

Please let me know what you think. If you took pictures of Gauja national
park and you think they might be useful for the design, please send them.

Best wishes
Anita

--
anitagraser.com