[Qgis-psc] thanks to sponsors

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Fri Feb 21 20:38:35 PST 2014

Hi

@Paolo : Yes I was also worried at first when I saw 'prosecution' - I
thought we were being sued! Could we split the sponsors page into 'current
sponsors' and 'past sponsors' - its very confusing to read and figure out
who is an active sponsor at the moment.

@Pirmin : I thought we had a general agreement that other than sponsors we
would not try to thank individuals - if you pick out five individuals or
companies, we risk causing offence to all the other people that donated
their personal or work time to making QGIS improvements.

On Sat, Feb 22, 2014 at 7:27 AM, Jürgen E. <jef at norbit.de> wrote:

> Hi Pirmin,
>
> On Sat, 22. Feb 2014 at 00:38:48 +0100, Pirmin Kalberer wrote:
> > > And I'll include a point to that in the release announcement (which
> will be
> > > essentially by Tim's template).   Anything else to add?
>
> > We shouldn't forget the individual sponsors of features. Here's a
> (probably
> > inclomplete) list of organizations sponsoring Marco's and Mathias'
> > contributions to 2.2:
>
> I'll extend our thanks to the companies and organisations that fund
> development. But if we don't have a complete list, I think it's unfair to
> include only the few we could come up with now.
>

> Jürgen
>
> --
> Jürgen E. Fischer         norBIT GmbH               Tel. +49-4931-918175-31
> Dipl.-Inf. (FH)           Rheinstraße 13            Fax. +49-4931-918175-50
> Software Engineer         D-26506 Norden
> http://www.norbit.de
>
> --
> norBIT Gesellschaft fuer Unternehmensberatung und Informationssysteme mbH
> Rheinstrasse 13, 26506 Norden
> GF: Jelto Buurman, HR: Amtsgericht Emden, HRB 5502

 * QGIS programming services
 * GeoDjango web development
 * QGIS Training
 * FOSS Consulting Services