[Qgis-psc] Official QGIS Podcast

Richard Duivenvoorde richard at duif.net
Thu Jan 23 10:12:17 PST 2014

On 23-01-14 14:43, Tim Sutton wrote:
> Hi All
>
> Nathan Woodrow and myself have been scheming about making a QGIS podcast
> for some time. Today we actually got started and recorded our first
> episode - which features Nyall Dawson as guest. We would like to make
> the podcast and 'official' QGIS podcast including:
>
> * A web page at http://podcast.qgis.org
> * Use of QGIS branding and logos etc.
> * We will use @qgis.org <http://qgis.org> email addresses
> * A link back to QGIS.org
>
> We will host the actual content on libsyn (which I will personally cover
> the cost of) and invite members from the community to be our guests.
> Also I would like to register accounts on youtube twitter etc as
> 'qgispodcast',
>
> We will not feature any ads or if we do, we will direct any revenue
> towards the QGIS project.
>
> We are trying to do it reasonably professionally with a fixed format,
> weekly delivery and we have bought good mics etc.
>
> Does anyone object to our plans? Of course any hints or suggestions are
> welcome.

+1

Would be nice to virtually fly over the world: guests from japan,
brazil, germany, etc etc (we have at least 20 languages  :-) ).

I liked the older tuxradar  podcasts, which had some items like:
- small geo news items (in our case: stuff like you read at
http://www.slashgeo.org/
- tip of the week, or finding of the week
etc...

But isn't a weekly one a little ambitious? a 2-weekly should be ok to start?

Regards,

Richard