[Qgis-psc] Dev meeting evenings

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Sun Mar 2 04:59:23 PST 2014

Hi

On Sun, Mar 2, 2014 at 1:14 PM, Andreas Neumann <a.neumann at carto.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> This is just my personal opinion.
>
> I guess there would be "spontaneous" small hackfests at the hotel
> lobbies, restaurants or bars if we have to leave the main venue.
>
> As a donator I don't want to have my money fade away in security
> companies. I'd rather invest in QGIS developers. So I would not want to
> pay security people every evening. Maybe just one evening?
>
> Have you also discussed about the catering? I guess for 60 to 80 people
> it is not possible to spontaneously organize meals like at previous
> hackfests. Also the restaurants can't host that many people without
> reservations.

Agree with comments of others. Assuming that we are staying on site to eat
on most nights, I would think 8pm is too early for comfort. In Lyon and we
had such a cap at around 23h00 I think it was which is probably more
reasonable than 8pm. If I wasnt so skinny I should have been a security
guard in Austria - they make good money! :-)

> Just something to consider ...
>
> Andreas
>
> Am 02.03.2014 08:45, schrieb Paolo Cavallini:
> > Il 01/03/2014 12:18, Anita Graser ha scritto:
> >
> >> Please let me know what you think so I can forward our decision to
> >> Stephan and our contact person at the venue on Monday.
> >
> > Thanks Anita. From my point of view, money is not an issue (50 %* 4h per
> > day * 4 days will be affordable).
> > So please ask the devs. I suppose we cannot ask to be flexible, and pay
> > only what we use, right?
> > An alternative is to keep on hacking at the hotel, I suppose a small
> > group could use the hall?
> > All the best.

 * QGIS programming services
 * GeoDjango web development