[Qgis-psc] Sponsoring information request

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Tue Mar 25 06:01:31 PDT 2014

Hi RĂ©gis,
thanks for your offer. We just had a PSC meeting, our notes below:

Il 24/03/2014 11:41, HAUBOURG ha scritto:

> 1-  recently psc has called for sponsoring support for those who
> claim stable releases and associated backports.   Is official
> http://www.qgis.org/en/site/getinvolved/governance/sponsorship/sponsorship.html#qgis-sponsorship-program
> page up to date ?  I would like to see there that part of sponsorship
> will also be used to help release stable versions ( test
> infrastructure, more time for auditing commits, time to backport bug
> resolutions, time to package stable versions). That will help me
> convince decision makers here.

We committed ourselves to use part of the funds to do bugfix and fix
backporting. This will be done in the best interests of the project, and
as such we need to be flexible in the allocation of funds, according to
the needs and the funds available.

> 2-  It is not totally clear for me what juridical entity is receiving
> the sponsorship funds. I saw somewhere that it is Qgis user group.
> Can that be clarified officialy in the web docs that QGIS PSC  has
> given that role to QGIS user group association.  Where can we find
> official status of that association? I didn't find anything official
> in qgis.ch

The Swiss QGIS User Group is the legal entity that is managing global
QGIS finances. I leave Andras Neumann to clarify the exact status to
QGIS-CH.

> 3- Is there any value added tax( VAT) on the sponsoring offers? I
> guess not, but we have had so much troubles with that previously
> (Paolo can tell).. better be sure.

This depends on Swiss legislation, so I also leave this to Andreas.

> 4- We will need an yearly activity report, with a financial section
> explaining where the money was used. Is there already something for
> other sponsors ? (It is mandatory for French association, maybe
> qgis.ch already has it )

QGIS-CH has a public financial report, that we'll be happy to provide to
our sponsors, showing how we invested our resources. We will not
provide, however, a breakdown of the expenditure for each sponsor, as we
think this is more appropriate for a professional consultancy job.

> 5- Is there any feedback from other sponsors to help us? I'm not sure
> paying outside of Europe is so easy for us..  Voralberg probably has
> some constraints very similar to ours.. I would be pleased to see how
> they made that.

I learned that every administration is different, it is not uncommon
that something impossible for one is very easy for another - this is
bureaucracy, I think.

Please feel free to keep on clarifying these issues.

All the best.
--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu