[Qgis-psc] Nomination for Core Committer status for Tom Kralidis

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Tue May 6 05:44:08 PDT 2014

Hi All

I would like to propose that we include the MetaSearch plugin in the core
of QGIS. The MetaSearch will add another critical piece of functionality to
QGIS's OGC compliance - support for Catalogue Services for the Web. I
believe this should be 'out of the box' functionality, much like WCS, WMS
etc clients are. In case you are not already familiar with MetaSearch, its
home page is at [1] and its git repo is at [2].

I would also like to nominate Tom Kralidis for core committer status. Tome
already has a great track record in developing FOSS GIS (pycsw, OWSLib
committer, and all around CSW boffin). Tom has been maintaining the
Metasearch plugin (building on work on the same plugin done by NextGIS),
and is willing to maintain the plugin if we ship it with the core
application.

[1] https://github.com/geopython/MetaSearch
[2] http://geopython.github.io/MetaSearch

Looking forward to hearing your opinions on this.

 * QGIS programming services
 * GeoDjango web development
 * QGIS Training
 * FOSS Consulting Services