[Qgis-psc] Nomination for Core Committer status for Tom Kralidis

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Tue May 6 13:28:34 PDT 2014

Dear Tom

By unanimous vote, the QGIS PSC has accepted you as a core developer to the
QGIS project. Could you please read the contributors guidelines (
http://hub.qgis.org/projects/quantum-gis/wiki/Contributor_Guidelines) send
an email to this mailing list indicating that you agree to abide by these
guidelines? Also please supply me with your GitHub user name and I will add
you as a team member to the QGIS repository. We look forward to seeing the
MetaSearch plugin make its way into core for 2.4 and to having your
continual presence in the project to maintain this tool and generally
improving QGIS!

Best regards

Tim (on behalf of the PSC)

On Tue, May 6, 2014 at 9:18 PM, Gary Sherman <gsherman at geoapt.com> wrote:

> On 5/6/14 4:44 AM, Tim Sutton wrote:
>
>> Hi All
>>
>> I would like to propose that we include the MetaSearch plugin in the
>> core of QGIS. The MetaSearch will add another critical piece of
>> functionality to QGIS's OGC compliance - support for Catalogue Services
>> for the Web. I believe this should be 'out of the box' functionality,
>> much like WCS, WMS etc clients are. In case you are not already familiar
>> with MetaSearch, its home page is at [1] and its git repo is at [2].
>>

> +1
>

>> I would also like to nominate Tom Kralidis for core committer status.
>> Tome already has a great track record in developing FOSS GIS (pycsw,
>> OWSLib committer, and all around CSW boffin). Tom has been maintaining
>> the Metasearch plugin (building on work on the same plugin done by
>> NextGIS), and is willing to maintain the plugin if we ship it with the
>> core application.
>>

> +1
>

>> [1] https://github.com/geopython/MetaSearch
>> [2] http://geopython.github.io/MetaSearch
>>

>> Looking forward to hearing your opinions on this.
>>
>> Regards
>>

>> --
>> Tim Sutton
>> -------------------------------
>>
>> Visit http://linfiniti.com to find out about:
>>   * QGIS programming services
>>   * GeoDjango web development
>>   * QGIS Training
>>   * FOSS Consulting Services
>> Skype: timlinux Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net <
>> http://freenode.net>
>>
>> Tim is a member of the QGIS Project Steering Committee

> =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
> Gary Sherman
>
> Founder, QGIS Project
> Consulting: geoapt.com