[Qgis-psc] Trademark issues

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Thu Oct 9 12:05:39 PDT 2014

Hi,

Sorry - I may have overreacted a bit. According to
http://www.qgis.org/en/site/getinvolved/governance/trademark/index.html
I understand that these sublicenses are only required if the name QGIS i
part of a different product name or domain name, right?

How about if a local user group has a domain name where qgis is part of
the domain name? Like qgis.ch, qgis.us, qgis.nl, etc.? According to
http://www.qgis.org/en/site/getinvolved/governance/trademark/index.html
I would have to request such a sub license.

I think the situation of a publisher using QGIS as part of the book
title needs to be clarified in the FAQ section of
http://www.qgis.org/en/site/getinvolved/governance/trademark/index.html

Andreas