[Qgis-psc] Trademark issues

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Wed Oct 29 10:45:19 PDT 2014

Hi all.
I've spent some time thinking about the issue; please find herewith attached my
proposal for replacing the current page [0]. Thanks to everybody for their thoughts.

Some notes:
* for QGIS-branded products, we might grant a written permission after asking advice
from a lawyer, and write a formal agreement; expenses should be covered entirely by
the applicant; alternatively, we may write what we believe is reasonable
* we still have an open suggestion to ask for some fees (besides covering the costs,
see above) from those requesting permission; I do not have a strong opinion on this,
but I think it may be an interesting possibility.
* I did not mention in the page the case of non profit organizations using QGIS name
and logo in their names; I think this is a grey area; perhaps it would not be bad if
they ask us, so to encourage more direct contacts with PSC. This would make it easier
further communication.

Comments welcome. I agree the current page may be sacry, so I'd like to replace with
a better one (the attached one or other) ASAP.

[0] http://www.qgis.org/en/site/getinvolved/governance/trademark/index.html

--
Paolo Cavallini - www.faunalia.eu
Corsi QGIS e PostGIS: http://www.faunalia.eu/training.html