[Qgis-psc] Apply for money from the documentation contribution budget

Otto Dassau dassau at gbd-consult.de
Thu Apr 9 10:08:16 PDT 2015

Hi PSC,

in our calculations for 2015 we have a 5000 EUR budget defined for QGIS
documentation contribution:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/197JVYgDqkKOAGy_zmxL25Lk4ntjJJLmEGQ6MuCmBjnE/edit#gid=0

Larissa would be interested to work on the QGIS user manual (which she
already does for several years) and update it as far as possible to 2.8.

You can see the current master document here:
http://docs.qgis.org/testing/en/docs/user_manual/index.html

She went through the document and identified several topics, such as

* update "What's new in QGIS 2.8" section
* update "Features" section
* update "Getting started" section
* update QGIS GUI and add temporary layer,
* update screenshots in "QGIS configuration"
* add Describe Layer Method to WMS in OGC section
* work on modul descriptions in "Processing providers and algorithms
* add notes about increasing headers size when working with
  large features in QGIS Server section
* document QGIS behaviour on copy string attribute to another
* add hint about default styles in postgresql
* unexplained difference between topology checking and geometry checking
* extend Spatial Query Plugin explanations
* document better the priority functionality for labels
  (Labeling -> Placement)
* improve documentation for interpolation plugin
* improve documentation for raster terrain analysis plugin, remove duplicate
  explanations etc.
* write about styled layer descriptor profile of the WMS

She would spend 80 hours work on the manual and we therefore would apply for
2400 EUR from the budget. Please tell us, if this makes sense to you and
fits to the way we would like people to apply for money defined in the
budget.

Regards,
Otto