[Qgis-psc] PSC Meeting log from 8/4?

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Sun Apr 12 12:27:51 PDT 2015

On 13 Apr 2015 4:42 am, "Marco Hugentobler" <marco.hugentobler at sourcepole.ch>
wrote:

> Hi Nyall
>

>> I'm especially curious what "QGIS 3 (MH) [accepted]" means...
>

> There was no formal voting, however all meeting participants shared the
opinion that it is better to go for version 3 as soon as possible. That
means there will be no 2.10 and the next version is 3 (API breaks allowed).

Wow, this is huge news :) Were any additional details discussed? I'm
looking for clarification on a few points:

Is 3.0 going to be on the same schedule as 2.10 was planned to be (ie
freeze in 39 days), or will it be a "double-length" development period as
was discussed at some stage?

Will the minimum Qt version for QGIS 3.0 be bumped to 5.0? Will we switch
to PyQt5 too?

What about requiring c++11 compatible compilers?

Regards,
Nyall