[Qgis-psc] Vote about release plan

Matthias Kuhn matthias.kuhn at gmx.ch
Fri Apr 17 07:31:46 PDT 2015

For me the most important questions are:

1. Does the composer change require QGIS 3 (not totally convinced yet)?

2. What should be the driver for QGIS 3?
 2a) External dependencies (E.g. Debian Jessie+1 is going to remove Qt4 [1])
 2b) Internal changes (composer? low level things like feature API,
geometry, expression...)

If #1 is answered with a clear yes, do the change quick. (We could also
just do this change, label it with QGIS 3 which is almost 2.xx and
postpone the heavy lifting to a medium-term QGIS 4).

If #2a is the answer let's keep releasing 2.xx versions with no/minor
API breaks and risk that we'll have to do a quick move once a platform
obsoletes a dependency

If #2b is answered with a yes, define a date/2.xx version (e.g. one year
from now) where QGIS 3 will be released so there is time to think of
other spring cleaning jobs that can be put there and discuss these.
(This is my favorite)

Regards
Matthias

[1]