[Qgis-psc] Proposal that QGIS.ORG will become a member of the OpenDesign Alliance

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Wed Dec 16 01:58:31 PST 2015

Hi Vincent,

We are aware that you cannot mix/link QGIS/OGR/Teigha. For that reason
Jürgen proposed to write a separate application published under a
non-GPL based license (kind of a local server) that provides the CAD
data. QGIS would not link to Teigha directly, but this other application
would. QGIS would then connect to this service to get access to the CAD
data.

This should work - otherwise you wouldn't be allowed to connect to OWS
services that are not provided by a GPL-based OWS server software -
which as far as I know is no problem.

Andreas