[Qgis-psc] Doc writing: simpler writing and styling

matteo matteo.ghetta at gmail.com
Mon Dec 28 00:15:18 PST 2015

Hi Richard,
thanks for raising this.

> - remove all the :guilabel: :menuselection: and other directives to make
> it easier to edit/view in Github

couldn't they be replaced by double quotes? Like  ``Settings -> SR``

> - remove substitutions like |qg| (for QGIS) and |nix| (for linux icon).
> It clutters the source as seen on Github.

+1

> The whole plan/vision is that by looking cleaner/better in Github, it is
> easier for people to edit/fix stuff in docs: so we have better
> Documentation!
+1
and a question.. it is not a problem even for "not advanced" user to
add/remove/edit some text in the documentation.. they just need to sign
up in github and edit the file and then github does all the stuff
(commit.. etc.. so the user doesn't know anything about git, terminal,
pushing, pulling.....

but what if someone wants to add an image? is there mandatory to clone
the repository and then handle the process with git or is there a
"simpler" way?

I'm thinking especially for all the Processing algorithms help files. In
a future it would be good to have some image that could explain the
algorithm, but for a "normal user" it is not so simple..

but this is just an idea...

Thanks!

Matteo