[Qgis-psc] Asia air survey money arrived

Tim Sutton tim at kartoza.com
Mon Feb 9 13:06:23 PST 2015

Hi

On Sat, Feb 7, 2015 at 7:56 PM, Andreas Neumann <a.neumann at carto.net> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I wanted to inform you that the sponsoring money from Asia Air Survey
> arrived. Our current account balance is at 30'238.38 - and I guess there is
> another 2-3 k in PayPal.
>
> So in my opinion we should consider to also invest some money in the
> documentation work and/or employ a third dev for a week for bug fixing -
> with the goal to make 2.8 LTS a really good release.

Great news! ​Ok so I motion that we contract a 3rd developer for 1 week
leading up to the release. How do others feel about this? If we get
sufficient +1 votes, the protocol would be to each add one more vote to the
spreadsheet and then the next most voted for developer would be approached.

+1 from me to support one more developer for 2.8 bug fixing.

Could I also raise the suggestion that we pay one of the docs team (e.g.
Larissa) to update the documentation for 2.8 - it looks like we should have
enough funds for that.

Can we make a bit of a splash thanking the AAS for their renewed
sponsorship?

> Andreas

 * Desktop GIS programming services
 * Geospatial web development