[Qgis-psc] Call for vote: QEP #13 Efficient Snapping and Geometry Queries

Marco Hugentobler marco.hugentobler at sourcepole.ch
Fri Jan 9 04:34:20 PST 2015

Hi Martin

Did you consider the comment from Mathias about storing the whole layer
in memory already? Your answer was:

 >though it should be fairly easy to use spatial index library's disk
storage instead of memory storage for big layers.

So it was not clear for me if you already tried the disk storage from
spatial index library and what the outcome was.

Regards,
Marco

On 09.01.2015 13:06, Martin Dobias wrote:
> Hi everyone
>
> Just a quick reminder - this was an official call for voting - 3 days
> remaining until the end of voting.
>
> Could PSC members please cast their votes - or at least indicate why
> everyone is so quiet :-)
>
> Cheers
> Martin
>

> On Mon, Jan 5, 2015 at 2:57 PM, Martin Dobias <wonder.sk at gmail.com
> <mailto:wonder.sk at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Dear PSC
>
>     I hope you all had good Christmas break! Recently I have finished
>     QEP for snapping improvements - with Nathan's agreement I have
>     marked it as the final draft and it is ready to be voted upon.
>
>     Pull request:
>     https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Enhancement-Proposals/pull/16
>
>     Here is the QEP text with nice formatting:
>     https://github.com/wonder-sk/QGIS-Enhancement-Proposals/blob/master/qep-13-efficient-snapping-and-geometry-queries.rst
>
>     Here is the implementation (ready to be merged to master):
>     https://github.com/wonder-sk/QGIS/tree/snapping-improved
>
>     Regards
>     Martin

Dr. Marco Hugentobler