[Qgis-psc] QEP Vote: QEP #4 - LTR

Radim Blazek radim.blazek at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 07:13:58 PST 2015

+1 for QEP4, how easy if I don't have to do backports

>From what I read in psc meeting log [1], QGIS 2.8 is going to become
LTR without having allocated funds for bugfix backporting and without
strong policy requiring developers to do backports?

"Developers will be invited to backport bug fixes to the stable
branch" (QEP4 [2]) - is not sufficient IMO.

"16:59 < alexbruy> if we will have LTR, we can try to adapt GRASS
policy when developer that fixed bug should also backport it" [1] -
was left without comments.

Radim

[1] http://hub.qgis.org/projects/quantum-gis/wiki/PSC_Meeting_16_January_2015
[2] https://github.com/timlinux/QGIS-Enhancement-Proposals/blob/master/QEP-4-QGIS_Long_Term_Releases.rst