[Qgis-psc] Future handling of sponsorships

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Fri Jan 30 05:16:09 PST 2015

Hi Paolo and PSC,

For better handling of sponsorships I propose the following:

1. Whoever establishes the contact (mostly Paolo, I would assume)
informs me and hands me over the full address, the contact person and
contact email. In addition, link and logo of the sponsor needs to be
collected.

2. I write an invoice - both for wire transfer and for PayPal. The
invoice number has to be mentioned in either way of payment - in the
payment instruction.

3. Payments: within Europe wire transfer is preferable, outside Europe
PayPal may be used as well.

4. Once payment is confirmed we can publish logo, link of the sponsor
and date (year/month of sponsoring).

If I write an invoice, I believe it wouldn't be necessary to send an
additional payment confirmation - only reminders, if the sponsor does
not pay. With the invoice number we can also more easily track the
sponsorships. Paolo and I had strange cases where the address of the
payer wouldn't lead us directly to the company ... so, the additional
invoice number would make it easier to track.

Does this sound like a plan to improve the sponsorship situation?

Thanks,