[Qgis-psc] Proposal to do initiate a dev project for each QGIS release

Neumann, Andreas a.neumann at carto.net
Wed Jul 22 04:57:13 PDT 2015

Hi,

I would also welcome an investment in UX experts and designer but also
wonder, like Anita, how to properly initiate/steer this?

Our project (and UI) is especially complex, in my opinion more complex
than Gimp or Inkscape. And we need a UX expert that can deal with
multiple platforms, not an expert who can only design for Windows or
OSX.

I wouldn't like Ribbons. My colleagues in my administration who work in
Autodesk really hate them and they are now so much less productive. Same
applies to MS Office in my opinion.

I also wouldn't do radical changes - this would annoy our users.

QML would offer some opportunities though for more modern interfaces.

I think such a project would need a well-thought plan and some
preparation time. Nyall, would you know some UX experts?

Andreas