[Qgis-psc] Modifications and updates to plugins.qgis.org

Richard Duivenvoorde richard at duif.net
Fri Jun 12 04:48:19 PDT 2015

On 12-06-15 13:25, Anita Graser wrote:
> ​Thanks!
>
> We were also discussing if it would be possible to enable a trusted user
> group to edit the plugin descriptions displayed at the top of each
> plugin pag
> e, e.g. http://plugins.qgis.org/plugins/AccurAssess/ "Carry out the
> accuracy assessment of a thematic categorical map taking into account
> the sampling design.
> ​" This would enable us to improve the plugin description without having
> to ask each plugin author to update their description and upload a new
> version of the plugin zip file.

Not sure if that is an easy one Anita. As the descriptions normally
comes from the metadata in the plugin zip.
So a nice rewrite at the website would be overridden if the original
author uploads a new version of the plugin (with the short version of
the description...)

One idea (Alessandro shoot me if it is a bad idea), is to have another
'field' for every plugin, which is part of the website, and not of the
plugin... So the website should show an description item from the
'staff' and one from the author next to each other or so?? This
'description' maybe could also be used for this 'quality'-score we
proposed to make the good plugins boil up?

Regards,

Richard