[Qgis-psc] Possibility of hackfest funding for non-EU devs?

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Mon Mar 30 04:53:31 PDT 2015

Hi PSC,

I think it is time to better integrate the non-european devs.

Paolo suggested to have parallel dev meetings in other parts of the
world, but I for discussions and more productive outcome of meetings it
is better to meet in person. In Nyalls particular case it would be good
to have him here to discuss the print composer redesign and the
reporting engine. Also for the discussion when to start version 3.0

Our finances allow us to sponsor 2-4 non-european core devs. It should
be made clear that we cannot afford to fly in all non-european devs for
every meeting, but that non-european core-devs can also participate
every nth meeting (lets say every two years or so). This can be revised
if our financial situation changes.

So, I'd like to support Nyalls application, even if I am not on the PSC.

Thanks for considering this application and thanks in advance for a
timely decision (so Nyall or other potential devs can plan their travels),
Andreas